Posted by : bmahfood Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sadly, many Americans, when they think about pumpkins, think only of pie and Halloween. In the realm of foods, the pumpkin has no place except as a sweet, unhealthy treat in the holidays. I'm here to try to correct this oversight. (Check out the pumpkin's health benefits here.)

When you're looking for low-glycemic-index carbs to replace the ones you usually eat - you know, the ones that spike your blood sugar and do other undesirable things, like white rice, bread, pasta, potatoes - you should consider the tasty and healthy pumpkin. Here's a healthy idea for a delicious soup that you may not have tried before. I love it. I make a big pot of it on a Saturday and I have a yummy lunch/snack that does my body good all week long.

Chicken-Pumpkin Soup


Ingredients:

  • Boneless/skinless chicken thighs or breasts
  • Pure pumpkin filling (not the sugary pie filling!)
  • Squash
  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • Great Northern beans
  • Onions
  • Seasoning to taste

Let me know if you try it!

Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or sign up for free email updates.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Lean and Hard -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -