Posted by : bmahfood Saturday, May 19, 2012

If you have more than 100 pounds to lose in order to get to your ideal weight, don't think it can't be done. I thought so at one time, which is why all my smallest clothes are no more...

It's a shame I threw away all my smallest clothes. Why did I do that? Why, why, why did I do that?? The answer is simple. I had lost hope of ever being that size again. As far as I was concerned, those clothes were just taking up space. Turns out I was wrong. I could really use them now rather than having to buy new stuff.

Just yesterday I hit the mark of having lost 100 pounds. I'm not where I want and need to be yet, don't get me wrong, but it's a significant achievement nonetheless. At this point I am wearing the smallest sizes I have left, which means in another month or two I won't have any that are the right size. But I don't want to spend money on new clothes until I'm at my ideal weight, so I'll have to finesse it a bit.

When I started this lean and hard life last year I weighed 303. I had tried everything and simply could not curb my eating. I mean, if you had put a loaded gun to my head and threatened to shoot me dead unless I stopped eating so much, and if I believed with all my heart and mind that you would do it, I still couldn't have stopped.

If you've read some of my earlier posts you'll have an idea what changed, but I can tell you confidently it was not my degree of motivation. Instead, I found a pathway, a means by which I could manage to cut back my eating and keep it under control. What I found may work for you, it may not, I can't say. But I can tell you that being morbidly obese, as I was, does not mean that you can't turn things around. If you can find a pathway that allows you to limit your food intake, you can lose and keep losing until you get where you want to be. It's just biology. And maybe some physics.

Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or sign up for free email updates.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Lean and Hard -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -