Posted by : bmahfood Friday, October 19, 2012

As anyone who has pursued a challenging goal can tell you, getting through to the end is sometimes the most difficult part. Maybe more than sometimes. Maybe always. They say every journey begins with a single step. I guess every journey must also end with a single step. It seems like that one would be so easy, but it's not.

I've struggled to make that last step, I confess. First, there's been the difficulty of deciding whether it's necessary or not. After all, I'm interested in what's best for my health and appearance, not attaining an arbitrary number. The charts can tell you only what your ideal weight is as a range, and even that's based on averages. So, is it 175? Or is it 170? Or is it even lower?

What about my appearance? I started out with the goal of being able to wear pants with 32-inch waists. As I've come close to that, though, I realize I really want my pants to be a bit loose, not snug, in the waist. I want to feel that I have just a bit of room for the occasional indulgence, that gaining a couple of pounds over a weekend of eating anything I want won't mean I can't fit into my clothes on Monday morning. Then there's another appearance issue: I don't want to look anorexic or starved. That's why I've been working out so hard. How thin is too thin? I'm not sure.

Finally, there's the fact that I'm getting tired of being hungry all the time. It's been just over a year, and 130 pounds. Can you blame me? I've been having more frequent lapses and dreams of pizza.

I am determined to get to my goal, but it seems I first need to need to get a better handle about what that is.

Coffee Bean Direct General Banner 3

Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or sign up for free email updates.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Lean and Hard -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -