Posted by : bmahfood Saturday, July 7, 2012

Is it ever advisable to take a break from my regular workout routine? Will I lose all my gains if I miss a day? How do I know if I need a break? And how long should a break be?

These are all great questions. I've actually taken short breaks by necessity rather than by choice, and I've found that they can actually be advantageous. But what do the experts say?
While exercising consistently is important for building endurance, conditioning your body and losing weight, you may reach a point where you're tired, bored and desperately need a break. Taking a break may be just what you need to rest, recover and rejuvenate, but how long before you start losing your fitness?

You may be surprised to learn that taking a few days or a full week off from training won't necessarily hurt the gains you've made. In fact, many serious exercisers and athletes regularly schedule a week off every 8-12.
So if you're serious about fitness you can be certain that breaks are not only not a bad thing, they're actually important for your long-term fitness goals.

Today's awesome workout song...

Don't Move by Phantogram on Grooveshark

Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or sign up for free email updates.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Lean and Hard -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -