Posted by : bmahfood Saturday, July 28, 2012

I hate those stupid web adds that promise to do everything from get rid of belly fat to save you thousands on car insurance if you will follow "this one simple rule." Doing those things is rarely accomplished with a simple rule. If they were then no one would have belly fat or pay with their left arm for car insurance. But I can tell you how I was able to cure myself of morbid obesity, chronic fatigue and type 2 diabetes by substituting slow carbs for fast carbs.

Chronic Fatigue and Morbid Obesity

I suffered from chronic fatigue, at first sporadically, then eventually continuously, for about 30 years. I can tell you that it is very real and can drastically impair your life. It hurts those you love, hinders your career, and can end marriages. And almost worst of all, it gets no respect.

Since medical science has been unable to pin down a cause, many people will assume that you're a malingerer, faking illness to avoid things you don't want to do. Loved ones will question whether it's all in your head. People will ask you over and over to explain what it feels like. I can assure you that it's not like normal fatigue. I've experienced both and they are nothing alike. The double whammy for me was feeling too sick to do anything but lay in bed while at the same time maintaining an enormous appetite. So, guess what happened? I got very, very fat.

I tried everything under the sun to find a cure. I traveled to foreign countries, submitted to batteries of tests, visited with real doctors and quacks, all to no avail. But I have now found a cure that has worked for me going on almost a full year. I've regained my strength, diminished my addiction to huge amounts of food, and so far have lost 121 pounds, going from a high of 303 to my latest weigh-in of 182.

Type-2 Diabetes

With the morbid obesity came type-2 diabetes. I was having to spend thousands of dollars on insulin and other medications just to control my blood sugar. Over the past year I have been able, under my endocrinologist's supervision, to get completely off all diabetes meds while maintaining healthy sugar levels.

What about you?

I can't say whether or not you, reader, will find the same benefits from adopting my eating habits, since we are not the same. I am certain, however, that there are many, many people out there who will.

In my next post I'll go into more detail about the slow carb for fast carb swap.

Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or sign up for free email updates.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Lean and Hard -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -