Posted by : bmahfood Sunday, June 16, 2013

We can debate the reasons for this all day long, but studies have repeatedly confirmed that, when it comes to fitness, example matters.

In this USA Today article, "Obesity is contagious among friends, study suggests," the point is made very clearly. Being surrounded by obese friends makes it more likely that you will be obese. Which causes which? It probably goes both ways. But it stands to reason that your example counts. And it did with my dad.

When I hit puberty, along with all the other strange things happening to my body, fitness and how I looked started to become more important. Especially how I looked to girls. I began to notice that my dad exercised. He had one of those workout things, with three steel springs that you'd stretch out across the chest. I commandeered that one.Later on, I saw that he'd go for a run every day after getting home from the office.

So I started to pick up on that. And his example stuck with me and makes a difference in my life all these years later.

So dads, you aren't only doing it for yourselves, but for your boys and girls as well. That's very motivating.

Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or sign up for free email updates.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Lean and Hard -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -